måndag 22 februari 2010

I will not get upset...

I will not get upset about any of the following things:

1. It is snowing yet again here in Göteborg.
2. Canada lost to the US in OS hockey which is actually way worse than if Sweden loses to Finland.
3. People honestly believe that all cyclists cheat, cross-country skiers are the finest athletes ever born and that Swedes would never think of doping.

Okay, I will not get upset about #1 and #2 but #3 pisses me off. At first I thought like you Peter in that maybe Saturdays ski race would bring more interest to cycling. But now I doubt it.

Cycling is one of the few sports that everyone can do no matter which level they are at. If you want to ride 20km in a race, you can do that. If you want 300km, you can do that too. No one is going to make you sit on a bench in cycling while the 'better' players get to play.

In 2005 when I decided to try my first ever MTB race, Långa Lugnet in Falun, and thought I could make it 110km on a hybrid, no one stopped me. (I stopped myself after 40km.) In fact the people in Falu CK were very encouraging. And now for 2010, my 4th actual season of racing, I am still welcome to grow and improve my skills. How many other sports would give me the chance to race in an SM after 3 years?

Cycling is the finest sport we have and I am more than fed up with having to defend it. Its no wonder why I will race a lot in Norway this season. Norwegians get the point of cycling.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade