torsdag 4 februari 2010

Bodypump or humiliation?

Anyone who saw me at MTB SM last year in Falun knows that I can keep cool while making a complete ass of myself. So I thought it was time to try out Bodypump at Sportlife. There were about 5 guys and 40 women so I was surrounded and also worried since this was my first time ever with this kind of pass.

To keep some type of respect, I never had less than 5kg on the bar but no more than 10kg because I had no idea what was coming. And the worst part was my complete lack of co-ordination. When the rest of the room was lifting the bar, I was letting it down. With practice it will be fine but tonight I felt so stupid.

My strength was fine except for the bench press which made my muscles shake in a bad way which made the bar also shake. Oops. Triceps and biceps were fine but my shoulders and knees are not happy. The pushups hurt because I did them properly. A real man can't do a pushup with knees on the ground. And that plankan thing is wonderful.

So I survived but need to work on a few things. This was zero cardio so I wasn't sweating. But others were so I should probably increase the weight when I have the timing down.

And, no, I will not try aerobics.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade