torsdag 21 oktober 2010

Ridley X-Ride Premiere!!!

I finally finished my report and needed a reward for my hard work. Since I can proofread when it is dark, you can guess what my reward was. =) Yesterday I wrote all about Baby so it was time for the premiere ride.

Yes, no one puts Baby in a corner. Baby needs to see some mud and grass. =) But now I will stop joking and give a serious review of the Ridley X-Ride so anyone that googles it can come here.

The first thing I did was pick it up and run up stairs which was different because the tube is so much bigger than my Merida and the wires run over the top so it sat on my shoulder nicely. Starting to ride was no instant magic I have to say. The Ultegra 6700 gears shifted quick and precise but it did not feel all that different. Great, did I just waste a lot of money? This first stretch is actually a gradual uphill over to Sävecrossen things actually felt bad because of the hill.

Getting out into the grass felt okay and the tire spin on the wet hills had more to do with my tires than the bike. My problem was my riding style. I was riding it the same way as my Merida. Because on the way to Skatås for the real test, the magic started. On the grusväg of 8:an this bike is an animal. Wow! I could fly along effortlessly and corners were beautiful! Arriving at the Introcross area I took a couple laps and was inpressed! It was stable in the sand. It flew over bumps in the grass. Grass curves also seemed to be better.

I have an FSA Gossamer 50-34 because with the Merida I never had enough strength in a race situation to change up from the 34. The Ridley X-Ride is totally different. I did our whole lap (sand and all) on the 50 and rode all the way home on the 50 also. I have never ridden a bike that has felt this stable offroad. If my MTB felt like this, I would be so much better.

So just like Styby, I have to remember to point at the Ridley logo. Now Chris Cross is ready for action! We are Belgium is just what I have needed.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh my god, you´re scaring the shit out of me Chris. Maybe... but I think you are much calculating than that, it´s just another fult knep för att få mig att inte göra mig besväret att åka till Skatås the 28 of november :-)
But I don´t give up utan en fight ;-)
Lycka till tomorrow Chris!
Peter

hejchris sa...

Nej Peter, this was not a fult knep at all. Maybe it was more the release from having a tough work week that made this test ride feel so good? We will see tomorrow.
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade