fredag 11 november 2011

2012 Goal #1

I realize that CX SM hasn't even happened yet but like I have said many times my current cross skills would bring so much shame to MCK that I might just get kicked out entirely. But on the positive side...this season I have never finished last in Superklass. =)

I was looking at the Långloppscupen page where they always calculate your result time as % over Darvell or whoever else happened to win. Over the years I have stayed pretty much constant at 75% over the winning time which in relation to H Motion is pretty far from last but in H30 it is enough to leave a big gap in the result list. If I could improve to be 60% over the winning time I would be essentially in the running even in H30 and 4 years from now when I make my H40 premiere. In långlopp terms this means somewhere between 20 and 40 minutes faster than what I do now.

Half of that time could be saved by being more efficient with the food at the stops (i.e. 10 minutes faster by not stopping for so long). I think I can manage another couple of minutes with bike changes since Sid already improved my time considerably. But it is that remaining 10 minutes which simply requires better form.

Ränneslättsturen was a pretty typical LL experience for me. I started out comfortable and felt quite bad after 20km but then after some energy around 40km I was on fire and could tackle the rest at quite a good pace and finish fast. I lost a few minutes in the typical LL singletrack queues but overall this was the way things normally go for me. My hill training in Partille works great but I need to be out a lot longer. My problem with these distanspass 3-4hr is that I feel seriously ill after 2.5hr. But getting to 60% is going to hurt so I have no choice...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade