lördag 16 november 2013

H30 SM race report

First I have to say what a great job CK CX did with the advertising. Tons of people were there watching what became quite a few battles. And that would be great if it weren't for the curse I seem to have with this track. Last time I dropped my chain twice. And during my 3 test laps my bike was not behaving very well.

Thanks to my current place in the cup I was yet again seeded into the front start row and was prepared for a good start. And it was good except that I only had one pedal clipped in even at the first corner but once it did clip in I was attacking since yet again I was at the back. By the time everyone reached the far end grass curves I was right there på rulle and even over into the amphitheatre part I was still in the game. I lost a bit of ground by the second run hill but I could still see two guys. I would pass this CK CX guy. It was battle time. But he was good in the forest so I was a bit behind at the hill section where the crowds were cheering like crazy.

And then in the toughest and last hill where the whole crowd was standing I could feel what I was dreading...chain drop. So with a loud 'NEJ' and a less family friendly word from my mouth I looked down and saw that I had in fact broken the chain. So I ran or actually slid down the hill to the pit and grabbed the other bike. It felt strange to be on the Merida but actually the XKing tires felt good so I could manage. But for Lap 2 I was annoyed and can't say I did anything fast. But Lap 3 I could see the CK CX guy and tried to close the gap. It was way too big though.

The track was really muddy and slippery since we were the last SM class. The downhill before the pit was catching my front wheel in scary ways but I managed not to fall. But on my 4th lap the fun was over because I was lapped but to be honest I was disappointed and wanted to stop.

I tried my best and that was good enough for 19th place in my last H30 SM and thanks to 2 DNFs I was not really last. But I had a chance to be two positions higher.

So lets see how the cup finale goes tomorrow with only one bike. Running anyone?

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade