söndag 17 november 2013

SMACK crossen race report

I moved my wheels with the Tufos over to the only bike I had to race with today and took a less than satisfying test lap. The warmup lap later on felt a bit better but basically my bike had no brakes and not so much feeling but it would have to do for this cup finale. I started next to Lars E but after my attempt at some pre-race psych he took off like the planes leaving from Arlanda near the track and my body was in shock. The start was fine but my lungs were dying. I think I need to get this asthma thing checked again.

Anyway, there were a lot of grass curves so I was right everyone over the löphinder and even up the hill of death. The gap opened a bit after that but by the slalom I was still in it and had one person behind. I think I actually made it half a lap before the space in front was at where it usually is. Due to chain noises I did basically the entire lap on the same gear and only shifted down two at the seg uphill before that little tricky climb which I ended up walking anyway. Fixie Chris was doing well.

I had opened a bit of a gap but it wasn't enough so, inspired by the 'Kötta' sign at SM yesterday I pushed and could see a bit of what was happening in front...Lars battling with a CK CX guy. And my lead was growing so the singlespeed thing was working and I had no brakes so that was not slowing be either. I had made a bit of a jump on the sand piles they had built at one point and decided to not do anything stupid. But the slaloms also went fine without brakes. But I was dying and hoping for the 2 laps left sign which came soon enough.

Okay, time to end the season well. No saving now. Full on. Give it my 150% since that is the amount of points I would get. All in. So while I was doing this Benny A came flying passed me looking like this was not even causing a sweat at all. Hmm. Anyway, that meant it was my last lap so I pushed on without changing gears at all and sprinted to the finish like which was an uphill nasty little affair. But it was done and I could finish the season with a bike in one piece, some lungs that hurt and a rider way behind me.

And with that I managed to finish every single cup race this season despite sickness and sometimes quite tough and scary tracks. And that has to be worth something given that so many only did a couple and then lost interest. 

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade