onsdag 10 februari 2010

Beckii Cruel

In these days of Idol and throwaway culture, I guess I am not surprised by 14-year-old Rebecca Flint from the UK. Apparently she likes Japanese culture. That I can agree with. Just look at Haruki Murakami, the world's greatest writer. And the mix of high-technology and minimalistic design has made Japan #1 on my list of places I would love to go if I suddenly had money.

So what did Rebecca do to follow her dream? First, use the name Beckii Cruel. Second, dress like an anime star and dance along to Japanese music. Finally, post it on YouTube. So lets have a look at the result...

1.7 million viewings for this. Sure it is funny. Lets see another...


For this fine collection of work, Rebecca has been signed to Tokuma Japan and just released an album. She already has a DVD called This is Beckii Cruel: Too Cute to be Real. Obviously, she will also get a free trip to Japan.

I don't get this stuff at all. Culture? About as cultural as Crazy Frog, Basshunter or everyone's favourite Gunther. I guess the only way I will make it to Japan is by throwing on a kilt...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade