onsdag 22 september 2010

The Chris Cross CX story

In 2008 I was living in Uppsala and suffering from a lack of decent MTB training. After trashing my Trek in the first ever Hammarby Hill XC, I was ready for a change. Completely by accident I found a page on CX and I thought that it sounded really fun. It didn't take long before I found out about CX-Cupen.

I was already considering a LVG so at CykelCity Stockholm and purely by impulse, I bought the Merida I still use now. My first couple rides I was terrified because I had never ridden a LVG-style bike. But the more I tried grusvägar or simpler trails, the more I realized that this was a brilliant style of bike. I was hooked.

Within 2 weeks I entered my first ever CX race arranged by AC Tierp. So in my MTB Täby jersey I made history by coming 3rd place in Sportklass! I even lapped 2 people!

Then came Bosön in Stockholm which was my first experience with real CX. I did absolutely horrible and felt like I would die in that grass, the stairs and the pretty nasty downhill, not to mention the sand. But watching the other classes was wonderful. So much excitement! The day after in Södertälje I managed 4th and regained my love for CX.

Next it was off to Dalarna which is where I first met people from Mölndals CK. Since I was moving to Göteborg soon, it was clear that I needed a new club. So I chose MCK based solely on their organization of CX races. Falun was covered in about half a metre of snow and I had no control over my bike at all but I managed the race anyway. If I had had one more lap I would have passed someone too. And the day after in Borlänge was another highlight for me. There I learned that brakes do not work after being in snow and also won a nice set of tires.

Finally after finding a temporary apartment in Borås, I moved so that I would arrive in time for MCKs SM weekend at Skatås. I raced both days for the first time in my MCK jersey. It was wet, muddy and horribly difficult but I loved it anyway.

And 2009 you already know about from this blog...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade