måndag 15 mars 2010

Pimp my MTB - update

By popular demand, here is an update on my MTB pimping process.

This is a seatpost from FSA and their new series SL-K. Snygg som FAN is what I say. Sure, this is probably going to make very little difference in my bike performance but why not.

The plan is to continue with an SL-K stem and handlebars but I have not decided on stem length and riser vs flat. I need to ride a bit and see how it feels after my adjustments. But a 110mm stem is probably better than the 120mm that is on it now when considering that my old Trek had a 100mm and exactly the same frame size. And probably I will change the seat too since my ass deserves better.

And to give an update on my leg pain, it is still there but seems to be in my calf muscles sometimes and other times it is over the whole quadriceps. But the point is that it feels different than before which I assume is some kind of improvement or healing process. I can walk still but obviously walking too much will slow the healing. So I am not going to do anything until the weekend.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

jag har ett rakt fsa k-force 25,4mm 600mm brett som jag skall byta så fort jag får det nya, som är på väg från tyskland det kanske kan vara något för dig/hansen

hejchris sa...

Maybe it could be good, yes. But I would like to feel how the bike responds now in the forest before I decide for sure. The stem length I have may be just fine.
Next weekend MCK has an MTB weekend so then I will know.
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade