lördag 27 mars 2010

First taste of duathlon

I had a few goals with today's training:
1. To test my injury but not make it worse.
2. Find a new route for training.
3. Find out what it feels like to run immediately after cycling.
Along the way I managed a bonus goal:
1. To get hopelessly soaked from all of the rain and water.

My route was Allum - Öjersjö - Tahult - Önneröd - Härkeshult - Jonsered - Centrum and after two wrong turns and two stops to check the map, I was out in the forest smelling the pine trees thinking how fantastic it is to be riding in nature. If only it were sunny and not pouring rain and 4C. Bläää. This was a great MTB or cross route but the holes in the road would easily swallow a LVG.

Time: 1:23:55 (This will get better. Now I know where I am going.)
Average HR: 156
Distance: 25.6km

So then after a long transition, it was time for running. In a normal duathlon, I assume that I will not have to unlock two doors, greet the neighbour and their dog, make comments about how this was not the most perfect day to be 'ut och cyklar' and then change shoes and leave. But at least it was within 5 minutes.

Time: 14:35
Average HR: 172
Distance: 2.8km

Not very impressive numbers there. But this was just pure pain. I actually had a leg cramp after 1.5km! Fy FAN what a surprise it was to run off the bike. Need a bit of work on this. I also skipped over the 5km of running before the bike too. But one can say that my route with its 3 or 400m vertical was not a typical duathlon 20km. But still, this was quite the discovery.

Whole trip
Energy: 1260 kcal
Peak HR: 184
Average HR: 158

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade