söndag 31 oktober 2010

Valhallcrossen race report

Maybe it was the couple glasses of red wine last night or the guy in the next room 'entertaining' his nightclub lady. Either way, I had a horrible sleep. And this time change thing was confusing since my phone, laptop and the room TV all changed automatically so only when I arrived at the car did I really know that I was on the right time. And that time was late.

Pump the tubdäck to 2.7 and take a test lap to see if I would slide like a crazy Chris Cross. It was okay. Head back to car. Realize Veteranklass was starting in 20 minutes. Hmm. No time for the spare bike. I was still fixing my clothes when everyone else was on the start line but I made it.

Only 18 started so I could sit på rulle directly on the long gravel path. I was still with everyone at the fun grass corner section but on the next long path most disappeared. This happens all the time. I did have two behind me and someone from CK Valhall in front so I just tried to keep going while my body was cursing me in Italian.

I was surprised at how many were saying 'Heja Chris!' and started to think I was some kind of kändis. Of course this blog does get many visitors from Stockholm and it felt like it today. Two friends were watching also and I will post their pics here soon.

Anyway, back to the race. In the middle I had built up quite a gap between myself and the last two guys but the grass section was tung. I slipped at the löphinder and hit the bike on it while jumping which knocked my chain off. I had a hell of a time getting it back on but I did and saw that the guys were only 25 m behind. So I flew along the grass corner part in the start area and just loved my Ridley for stability. By 2 laps to go, there was no chance they would catch me.

I was lapped but they let me continue and finish my last lap and boy what a lap that was! For training value, I gave it everything I had left. Who cares if I slid in the corners because I didn't brake? On the last lap everything goes. My legs were burning through the grass section but it went fast. And I was accelerating beautifully! Yes, I love my bike!

I finished 13th which I am damn proud of! I beat 2 people in grand style and 3 DNFs and maybe if I hadn't lost time with the chain I could have caught the guy in front.

I left before the finish of Sport and it looks like Björn lost a spurt to Fredrich Hammarström from my old club MTB Täby. But the order was reversed yesterday. Cool.

Great job CK Valhall!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade