tisdag 26 oktober 2010

Loctite 243?

In the last hour of daylight I headed out on my Ridley to see what would fall off next. I did pretty much the same ride as last week but made sure to simulate a race with lots of bumps and hard braking. The vevparti stayed attached and actually felt pretty good. Nothing else seemed to be wrong either. MEN...when I was rinsing the bike off I noticed that the fork had loosened yet again. It was not as much as during the race but enough to wonder what I did wrong. But I didn't put this on so I can blame someone else.

Is it time for some Loctite 243 on the screws of the styrstam? Will that help or does it sound like something else is wrong? I have the same problem on my MTB so it would be nice to solve this.

Now I will stretch my tubdäck again and see if I will be ready to use them this weekend. But now I am tired since I was riding on stora klingan most of the time and the position must be a bit different since I feel träningsvärk again.

And if you did not come to this page via Björn's blogg, you will have missed this pic of Jens Westergren airborne in the sand. If you are going to have a vurpa, why not do it in style?

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Det känns lite konstigt att bultarna till styrstammen skall vibrera loss. Man spänner ju först skruven som ger lagerspänningen sedan så drar man båda skruvarna till styrstammen lika hårt. Det kanske är så att du har dragit dom för löst eller ojämt? Har du smörjd dom så kanske det är det som gör det?

hejchris sa...

Konstigt it is. I will try again and make sure both screws are equally tight. If the problem continues I guess I need to take it apart and see what is wrong/missing.
So that is a NO to Loctite then, or?
Chris

Anonym sa...

Hej Chris!
Jag tror att det är ett inkörningsproblem, lagerbanorna "sätter" sig, so you have to do this adjustments for a while.
NO loctite!
Check out vilket moment du skall dra skruvarna med, det brukar stå någonstans på styrtappen. If not, check with the manufacturer on their site.
Peter

hejchris sa...

Hej Peter!
I am hoping that you are right. It is sitting well at the moment so maybe this will work. If not, I will adjust again.
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade