lördag 16 oktober 2010

Falu CKs Prestige Cross - Race report

In Prestige, Jens Westergren won over Emil Lindgren and Magnus Darvell in an impressive spurt finish. And in the womens class, 9 riders raced which has to be a new record. That was won by Karin Aune. And grattis to Ted Petterson from Mölndals CK for taking 3rd place in Open Mixed Sport.

But now to SuperSpeczialKlass where Mölndals CK were everywhere. Over 40 started and I was a bit confused since the speaker said '2 minutes to start' and then they started right away which meant that I had both feet on the ground and angry people behind me. Bad start indeed. But CC Lasse had it worse since he dropped his chain at the end of the first straight. Still, he managed to finish quite well anyway.

I was keeping up until that gradual hill which is what made today hell for me. I was på rulle with someone from CSK Ludvika until the top but he took off on me in the next part which was pretty easy to ride if you had the line and missed the holes. That was about it for my racing against others.

Lap 2 started okay until the hill and I could just feel the energy draining. I was breathing fast for more than half of the course but I could still see the guy in front and the gap was reasonable so I pushed on. Lap 3 I pushed on more but he seemed to be getting farther away. I had a bit of trouble in the sand but I made it through every time. And overall the CX Pro clinchers at a crazy 4 bar were fine except for a few minor slips in corners. But it was pretty dry.
Bild: Henrik Öijer

Since the course was moving back and forth I could see that Mattias was battling a couple positions ahead of me. I promised I would catch up to him in some race but today was not that race. I was lapped quite late in the race which is probably an achievement of its own. But when they finished I was confused and stopped at the finish. They said to keep going. So I lost about 2 minutes in that confusion and was less than thrilled to take a last lap after I had just made my fastest lap under the assumption that I wouldn't have to take the extra.

So the real last lap was one of those pure exhaustion vomit-feeling sort of laps where I gave it everything I had left. It is amazing that I can still pull out some kind of energy when I feel so dead. Needless to say, I feel pretty dead now too.

The results list skips #38 and #39 for some reason so I will go under the assumption that I was 39th even if the results say 41st. Compared to last year's premier in Norberg which was a similar hilly track, I did better. In Norberg I had a major energy collapse and almost didn't finish. Today I could push through it. So let's call it 'bättre kondition' to be positive.

My expectations are zero for Ludvika tomorrow but I was not going to DNF again in Falun. And even if two people said I could quit if I wanted to and one said something about remembering that this is for fun, I was determined to not DNF.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade