söndag 17 oktober 2010

Ludvika crossen - Race report

And so it was time for CX Cupen race #2 and Ludvika Crossen was the kind of track I love. In fact, this reminded me a lot of the track in Borlänge two years ago. Tons of corners, grass and right in the centre. What a race! To make a long story short, I finished 31st in SuperSpeczialKlass which was last as usual but I was not so far behind.

Let's just pretend for a moment that I was actually racing in Dam Prestige instead. Not that I am considering any changes. But, how manly can you feel after just putting on our supercool new CX tempodräkt which was VERY tight? =) Anyway, the women started at the same time and this gave me some people to race.

The start went towards a small grass hill which some got stuck in and that caused a minor bit of chaos. But once 'corner hell' started, things were already spread out. The results list is a bit strange because I know that I passed another woman in a bit of a 'ful kurva' Sorry for that. I took the corner quite wide and cut back in which is the way to do things but perhaps not to someone in a different class.

Anyway, I had power on the small uphill with MCKs cheering section and in the grass so I was able to catch up to Mirella Ehrin of Team CykelCity who I was på rulle with for maybe a third of a lap. Now to the hill near the playground...focus of everything. I had decided to jump off early and run and Mirella didn't so we were side by side at the top. And in a moment that was very unlike me, I actually went down the hill side-by-side completely out of the groove and pulled away.

In my eagerness to get away I was taking lots of risks and this meant I was catching up to Lisa Ström from Falu CK. Funny enough, in her blog she has a picture of her blistered palm. I have one too. Aj. Somewhere in the middle of the race I had closed the gap to about 20m but on the road part at the start/finish she would open up a gap but then in the grass and corners I closed it again.

With 2 laps to go and a hell of an effort I was på rulle with Lisa and instead of just passing and trying to take off I followed her for most of the 2nd last lap. Again at that same hill she got stuck halfway up and I passed. It was not quite so easy to take off but gradually I had a gap. In the other grass hill just after the start/finish I made a mistake and she almost caught me so I had to ride at max to get a gap again.

As far as I know, I finished before her yet in the results list it says I finished 0.2 seconds after her? If that was the case, she made a hell of a spurt which was so fast that I didn't even see her. In reality, they probably didn't see my number or just forgot that I was still racing. Yes, and that is how I finished 6th place in Dam Prestige. =)

After a tough start yesterday, this made it all worth it. I pushed on for the entire race and only felt dead on the last lap. After the race I wanted to vomit but that is a good sign. I need someone in front of me to chase.

6 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

fin rapport av mitt lopp! :)

hejchris sa...

Yes, you could just translate it and stick it on your page if you want. =)
But did you sneak by me at the finish line?
Chris

Lisa sa...

No, you won ;). But there was some problems w the results for a lot of people. I first got the first place (woho!), 2 mins before Aune (sadly enough obviously wrong...), and still Jennie Jackson has a 4thplace in dam prestige even though she didn't even finish the race and should be last with +1lap... Maybe you can call tävlingsledaren and he'll fix your result? I talked to him yesterday, his phonenumber is in the PM. :)

johan fintling sa...

I'm glad you managed to keep Lisa behind you, 'cause if you'll let her slip by, you'll never here the end of it. Trust me. Keep this in mind for the upcoming events... ;)

Lisa sa...

jag ansträngde mig ju inte! :)

hejchris sa...

Even if they do change my time, I will still be last. But I know Patrik who was one place up from me ended up doing an extra lap since no one told him to stop. There was even confusion for me on Saturday.

And to Johan...racing someone that doesn't realize I was there is the best kind of racing! If she had tried after I passed her, the end of my story would have been crap. =)

Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade