lördag 30 oktober 2010

STHLM cyclocross race report

After 2 test laps my fork came loose yet again but CC Lasse fixed the problem right and it stayed the whole race. Like I said, today would be all about technique in the corner and smart racing...things which pass me well. There were over 60 starting in Super Speczial Klass and also D Prestige so I decided to chicken out a bit and start at the back. Big mistake. After the start it rolled along VERY SLOWLY and I even had to get off my bike in the hill since I was racing as Fixie Chris and not changing gears at all. Stora klingan (50) the whole way made riding a dream. With the tubulars, the bike is 8.5 kg and the Merida was over 10 kg.

So the start was crap and I was at the end in a klungan of around 5 riders. We all sort of followed but I could see that some were slow so I passed a few in corners. I made a mess of the stairs and actually hit myself in the face. I suspect the 5 photographers there got that one. After this I started following a guy in a blue jacket with no club shirt so I have no clue who he was. But he was pretty good. I tended to be cautious in the gravel but I caught up in the straights.

Together we passed I think two more riders and it seemed like everyone was slowing down. But I was full of energy so at the corner before the finish line I shoved my way into the inside corner and took off and flew up the hill and around to the fountain part. But there was still 2 with me and blue jacket guy passed me while I messed up yet another remount after the stairs and sand. So I sat på rulle and noticed that he unclipped on basically every corner but I just coasted and never really lost any time. This other guy had passed but was just getting in the way so I passed again quickly. This was all with 2 laps to go.

Heading into the finish area again just starting the last lap I decided to make another attack but with all I had left. Fan this was amazing! And it was successful. I had a good 25 m on him and for once managed to nail the stairs/sand/stairs remount, well, sort of.

I could see Jonas not too far ahead which is strange since I am normally never anywhere near anyone else. The final gap was only 10 seconds. Then I also saw Mirella Ehrin so I decided that if I passed her, the guy behind me would have no chance. So I passed in a corner and could relax a bit. That didn't stop me from flying across the finish line anyway...just for effect.

So Lisa Ström stayed ahead of me this time so I can't report on her race. But if I had had an extra lap, maybe I could have found her. In summary, my bike stayed together, I was not last, I passed people in race situations and my tires did not fall off. The Results are here. I finished 56th, was ahead of 3 others plus 8 DNFs.

What a brilliant race! And what a great ad for Mölndals CK which had strong riders in almost every class. Yes, we are cross.

2 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

inte okej! i göteborg får vi hålla ihop bättre ;)

hejchris sa...

If they start us altogether then I agree. Of course I am helping out with the results so if you do win again I can fix that. ;)
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade