fredag 1 oktober 2010

Tubular it is!

When blogg legend and CX King Öijer drops by this little page to make a comment, I know that I have said something controversial. No, I didn't diss Falun. I dissed tubulars. I had already come to the right conclusion after sleeping on it last night. One could say that I dreamt of my first ride on CX tubulars and about how smooth and fast it felt. Giving up that would be silly.

So I took Tufo's advice and ordered a set of Vittoria Cross Evo XM. At 390g and 320tpi, those babies should fly through the mud. And to cut costs and speed up delivery, I ordered from England.

I will also use the Belgian gluing method with glue and the Jantex Competition 76 tape which they also sold at that shop. Now all I need is a bucket of Vittoria Mastik. Does any local shop have it like NOW?

But I still wonder about this pressure issue. Öijer suggests 2 bar. Jonas L suggests 1.4-1.7 bar which sounds very extreme. I am 72 kg so I think I should stay about 2 bar. What do you use? Skriv gärna...unless this is top secret info or something.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade