söndag 10 oktober 2010

Göteborg Superprestige 2 - Race report


And so it was time again for Introcross or CRC CX Cupen #2. But with all the fog today, why not just call it Dimmacrossen? (Photos by Mats Harring. See more here). Lasse said today was halktema and I embraced that well with a fine vurpa in one of those grass/hill curves. Lets see what that picture looks like later. The grass was very wet so my stupid tires were rather useless no matter what air pressure I had. But I had to keep quiet about this since Peter was there and the battle to stay out of last place would be brutally serious.



The course today was a mix of everything and tougher than last week so even finishing would be an achievement. The start was okay and things slowed down a lot through the grass corners (see above) but I was with Peter so I didn't mind. My less-than-perfect corner, even if I didn't fall, was enough for Peter to take off a bit but I still passed someone else and started the chase. The plan was to keep about 20m behind and make an attack later on. I passed someone else but I made another small mistake on a gravel corner and started to lose contact. And things were pretty much over when I slid again on that same grass corner and had trouble getting moving again.

Somewhere around the running section I passed Hansen who seemed to be having a tough day. He had also fallen on my grass hill during Introcross. But with him behind and Peter in front, I was motivated to keep up the speed for the whole race. On this lap I watched Peter take a major short cut across the football field but I was not going to start complaining. Afterall, this is for training. And the result would have been the same anyway.

With 2 laps to go I was again trying to close the gap but was held up by almost running into some blind people who were obviously not going to move. =) I was hoping that Peter would get tired and I was gaining maybe 10m per lap but that was not enough. Still, I am satisfied. Peter did say that this was the race of his life and I agree, I had no chance today. But I was not last.



After the race, Patrik pointed out that my saddlebag was probably messing up my aerodynamics and that is why I was slow. He may have a point now that I see the picture...

8 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

My apologies again for my cheating, no excuse is good enough but I had my eyes glued to the wheel in front of me and just followed. When I realized my mistake it was to late. I attacked and passed that rider later on the gravel road, and the lap after I punished myself med en vurpa efter betonghindret ;-) But honestly Chris, I would have beaten you anyway today, I´m in very good shape at the moment (efter mina mått mätt alltså) och slog mitt personbästa förra helgen på 7 km tempo med 10 sek.
Anyway, this was propably min stund i solen denna hösten, du är snart tillbaka på tronen.
Men du, vi var f-n inte sist denna gången, minst tre st. bakom oss!
Det känns really nice ;-)
Ha det bra Chris!
Peter

Philip sa...

Sounds fun!

Can anybody enter these races or just MCK members?
//Philip

hejchris sa...

To Philip...anyone can race so just check the MCK forum for training or race details. At tip would be to enter our CX race on 7 nov.

To Peter...I know you would have beaten me today no matter what. Vurpa or no vurpa, you are in supershape. Let's hope I can match it by racing CX Cupen now.
Ha det bra!
Chris

Philip sa...

Thanks, already in the calendar!.

As is the double-header at Lidköping. Does anybody know the start times for that one?
//Philip

Anonym sa...

Jag hade inte en bra dag idag lyckades inte hitta någon rytm alls utan blev bara andfådd men det var riktigt trevligt. det var många som bröt kanske dax för en lektion i att limma tuber/hansen

hejchris sa...

To Philip...my guess is that Lidköping will start after 10.00 but check their page to be sure. There is also a race in Borås at Ymergården 6 nov.

To Hansen...yesterday was the toughest course Lasse has ever set up so don't worry. And about the tubdäck, check back this week for my own stories about gluing. This will be 'fun'.
Chris

Jonas l sa...

I believe Patrik have right about that saddlebag. It's not crosscorrect. Only good for training if you like it. http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/10/cyclocross/technical-qa-with-lennard-zinn-getting-those-cross-tires-on-right_101235 a link to show for all who can't glue a cxtyre :)

hejchris sa...

I suppose you are right Jonas. If I am going to have a saddlebag there I might as well just add mud flaps and a bell. =)
And that gluing link was pretty much the same as the Belgian method I found. If my glue ever arrives I might even get to try it.
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade