söndag 3 januari 2010

2009 toplista

Now seems to be the perfect time to look back on my bests and worsts of the 2009 cycling season.

MTB XC
Bäst Västgötacupen: Ymerracet Borås
Something was right on this day and I could control my sliding in a wet Borås. This was the first time of the year where I didn't finish last and I passed 4 people by running up a hill, a strategy I used many times in CX.

Sämst Västgötacupen: Dynamitracet Uddevalla
Wet course...fell three times and I only had to do two laps. Most of the problem was that I could not find the place so I was too late to try the course.

Improvements for 2010:
I will still see these races as teknikträning and I will probably move up to Senior class to avoid starting with 40 people in Sport.

MTB Marathon
Bäst långlopp: MTB SM/Bjursåsbiken Falun
For the first time I had a great start and was keeping up with many along the grusvägar. At the halfway point I was in the middle of the battle between the leaders of D30 class until I had to stop for a drink (they had people to hand them stuff). If only I hadn't run completely out of energy around 55km. Still, 68km is the right length for me and this race proved that I do have the potential.

Sämst långlopp: Långa Billingeracet and Grenserittet
Neither of these were really horrible but because of my revbensfraktur I could only do three races. Billingen was worst because I was simply not trained well enough for it. But I did have a great finish and was not last place in H30. And Grenserittet gave me a taste for more Norwegian MTB races and was my first attempt at starting fast. But a hell of a cramp in the middle meant that I had to slow down. I also did not realize that the last 20km were essentially flat so I could have went faster. My last 10 km was impressive.

Improvements for 2010:
More races and more Norway are key parts of my långlopp strategy next year. Better training will also help. I also need to spend more time adjusting my bike so I can be more stable in tougher terrain and on the grusväg downhills.

CX
Bäst CX Cupen: Valhallcrossen Stockholm
My worst race in 2008 was this one but 2009 it was my best by far. For the first time I had the energy for the 40 min and I could battle away with others at the back of the field. This was the first cross race of this year where I knew that this is my sport and this is what I will emphasize most 2010. That kind of feeling is priceless.

Sämst CX Cupen: Allecrossen
I was sick for this and probably never should have started. Things went much better on this course at CRC CX1 in my first cross race of the season.

Bäst Göteborgserien: CRC CX6
How could I possibly close that much of a gap up to Peter and then manage to build up an equal gap in front of him in only 4 laps? This was magical.

Improvements for 2010:
Start training cross sooner is a major improvement. By the time my shape was coming, CX Cupen was over. But the main improvement will be a Ridley X-Ride frame in combination with the components I want rather than what the stock bike has. My Merida can be my second bike.

Other cycling:
I did a bit of other cycling in Göteborgserien so I got to try a few things I would not normally try.

Bäst LVG moment: DM at Fjärås
Even if I was actually lapped, the GP-style course was a great one and gave me a nice sense of speed.

Sämst LVG moment: Orust Runt
I pretended to be a motionär for this race just to test the rumour that it is much easier to ride in a group. I found a group which planned to average 30km/h for 80km, something I could never manage on my own. In a group this was a joke. I was basically coasting around. It was only out of kindness that I didn't spurt away from them for the last 5km.

Surprising LVG moment: The three tempo races in GBGserien
The bergstempot at Brudaremossen basically gave me an asthma attack. The second in Kungälv actually proved that I could push myself through the pain and managed over 40km/h on my 10kg cross bike! And in Landvetter I also had a respectable performance. In fact, after these races I felt stronger and had more confidence. Yes, interval training can be useful.

Once I have thought a bit more, I will list out my goals for 2010. But 2009 was certainly a year of great improvements and I owe that all to a truly great cycling club...Mölndals CK.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade