lördag 5 december 2009

CRC CX6

And so it was time again to visit a grey and wet Skatås for the 6th race in the Göteborg cross series. That also meant time for another round of battle for us in 'andra klungan'. Since the battle to avoid last place is extremely serious, I will name this 'Göteborg Superprestige'. Sounds good eller hur? And the Göteborg Superprestige was pleased to welcome a cyclist from Sävedalen CK.

Since it was wet, the grus corners were better this week so I managed to avoid any falling. My start went pretty okay but by the end of the first asphalt stretch Peter passed me with quite the load of determination. So his lead became 25m quite quickly and I was already getting quite worried. But this is cross and anything can happen over 5 laps. On the second lap I made a mess of the sand part and was passed by the guy from Sävedalen CK which triggered the start of the first battle. I stayed with him for the rest of the 2nd lap and I can't remember exactly what happened but he fell and I took off and that was the end of that.

The nice thing about Battle #1 was that it got me quite close to Peter so the 3rd lap was spent closing that gap. I made up most of the time at the stairs because after 15 min of this, no one wants to run up stairs. Right after jumping over the cement pipe, Peter then fell while jumping on his bike, probably because I was stressing him. =) So I passed but he was right on my tail through the finish stretch. This was lap 4 and I felt pretty okay so after one corner I pedalled as fast as I could and managed to get a gap. That little 'spurt' also meant that I caught up to David who was probably not thrilled to see me go flying passed on the grass. He did pass me again on the next corner but I was motivated to get away from Peter so I passed again and tried to make my best of the long asphalt bit before the stairs. And that was it...no more Peter. No more David either. With one lap to go, I was in good shape to take this Superprestige race. And I did after a cautious but fast lap.

With my current lead of 3-1, I could technically just roll around next week for Luciacrossen. But the two classes start separately so there could be more people to watch our battle and that is always nice. All I can say is that I love cross. This is cykelglädje for me! Thanks to everyone I am racing with for making it worth training in this very dark month.

In other news, MTB-pro Åsa Erlandsson stopped by to try out CRC CX6 but she had a flat tire early on. And I will be nice and not point out that by finishing, our Superprestige group actually beat her. No no...that would be mean. No link to her website either since my virus scanner went nuts after clicking on it. Someone should probably fix that.

So now it is time for MCKs julfest and I am in charge of bringing bread. Should I bake it myself or just buy some? Silly question...

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Ok Chris, I just have to pay my respect to your ride today. I really tried the best I could, but that did not help! When I saw that you were closing up from behind I thought two things; Is that guy unbreakable, because my tactic was to get rid of you a.s.a.p. with a furious start ;-) Second was that ok, I rest myself for a while and then I attack him with half a lap to... but I could not even hold on to your wheel when you put the pressure on!
But, as I see it, the most importtant race is still to be raced. ;-) There´s still one , for me almost unvaluable, point in our battle to win, and I can assure you that you´re gonna have to fight hard for it :-) Have a good week and see you next saturday!
Peter

Anonym sa...

Ok Chris, I pay my respect for your cruel ride and admit yet another nederlag. And how the f*** could you manage to close the gap I made with my furious start? ;-) When I with fright saw that you were closing up from behind, I got two things in mind; First, Is that guy unbreakable? Second, ok I´ll ease up for a while, get on to your wheel and attack with half a lap to go! But, in reality I could not even hold on to your wheel :-(
1-3 does NOT look good for me but, the final race also, as I see it, has a more motional feeling than the others ;-) This week I will rest myself into top shape and I have already started to hype the race among family and friends. Hopefully they will give me support as a hejaklack :-) I wish you have a good week and to see you on next saturday!
Peter

Anonym sa...

Oops, there were two. I thought as messed up the first one when I sent it and wrote one more.
Sorry!
Peter

hejchris sa...

I am not sure what happened yesterday but this was one of the finest races of my life! Everything went quite perfectly but I figured that you were planning an attack at the last lap and that would have worked. Which is precisely why I tried to lose you on the 4th lap.

We will see what Lucia will bring because it may be a course that does not suit me at all. Yet since I am trying to chase down 5th place in the series, I will have to give it my best next week also. But I look forward to racing again!
Have a nice week!

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade