söndag 10 januari 2010

Biffig Chris - Part 1

Today it was only -4C so I could have went running. Instead I took my first pass at Sportlife. My first impression of the 'Sunday 12.00' crowd was a mix of absolute beginners, a few too many kids and some big weightlifters. A pretty lagom mix for someone like me.

I will follow the Nautilus Method again since this worked for me in Uppsala. The idea of this is you set the machine to the weight for which you can do 12 reps. When you can do 13, you increase the weight to the next level. But if at the next level you can only manage 8, you go back down a weight. Over three months I was able to increase on everything.

Warm up was 10 min on the ass machine. Okay, I guess it is called elliptical or cross trainer but this is the machine those American commercials claim will give you a smaller and firmer ass. I like it as a warm up because it gets the arms moving.

Then I did a couple leg machines but honestly I will just do the leg press, partly because I can lift so much on that (good for confidence) but mostly because I would rather build leg muscles on my trainer or at MCK.

Next on the list was that chin-up machine for 'cheaters'. You don't have to lift your entire body weight but can set the amount. For biceps I did 12 reps at 50kg which is basically what I did 1.5 years ago. Good. The dips for triceps I did 40kg worth but could probably increase that. The military style was bad since I only managed it at 35kg. And that was not great news since it means my back is weak.

So then I did the usual sets of machines for chest, lower back and abs. And, once again, the shoulder press is my worst machine. Which was crap because at that point I was being watched by a lovely woman. Typisk.

Upstairs I was pleased to see one of those SkiErg machines. What a brilliant thing that is for someone who needs more upper body strength. And what a pain that gave after only 2 min. This will be my machine...I can tell.

Finally, some rowing. This I was strong at...so strong that I managed to slide off the seat on one stroke. So this will be my explosivity interval training, assuming I can stay on the thing.

But now, after a fine workout, I can sit and watch skiing on TV.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade