lördag 9 januari 2010

Home vs Sportlife...the big challenge

After a couple days of pushups and attempts to actually stay on my pilatesboll, my strength training is in trouble. So to decide what to do, I did one of those pros/cons lists that are nice for vuxenpoäng once in awhile.

Convenience: Home 1 - Sportlife 0
Home is where I start and end most days so this is a clear win for Home. But the new Sportlife here is only slightly farther than where I buy food. So that is also convenient.

Expert advice: Home 0 - Sportlife 1
There are no experts at home but I do have the internet so I could eventually manage to set up a good program. Or better yet I could go to MCK and get the best tips for cycling-related exercise...if only my car was not frozen. At Sportlife I will be able to watch and observe others and that is the fastest.

Cost: Home 0 - Sportlife 1
One would think that Home would take this category easily but nope. The Sportlife deal was 325kr up front and then 299kr/month which I think is quite reasonable. For my home gym I need freeweights which would be 500kr for a pair of 4kg ones plus 250kr every time I need to add more weight. Then I would like a chin-up bar but I can't figure out how to easily attach that without pulling down a door. Of course from May to September I find things like spinning classes at the gym rather useless. But I should never stop weight training.

So this was a pretty easy choice...vi ses på Sportlife!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade