lördag 1 maj 2010

1:a maj loppet race report

I was on the road very early this morning to get to Kvänum and after my test lap I was ready to leave and go buy a kitchen instead. This was a proper XC course full of technical trails covered with nasty roots and rocks. Then there were many flat wet rocks of the kind that I cracked my rib on last year. But I stayed anyway since there is no better training pass than a race. I let some air out of the tires and then took a warm-up lap later and things were so much better.

I raced in HSenior which had 35 people and for some reason they put me in the first starting row. I think it may be the CAN in my licence number so maybe they think I am like one of those Norwegians that come here and wins everything. Starts have never been my strong point so I was instantly last due to SPD problems. But once I got my silly shoe clipped in I could catch up with the others. I was riding faster than I would normally and was surprised that it actually does work. I had one guy just in front of me so I had to pass him to avoid last place. And I did it using Öijertekniken on the first of many nasty uphills. But I kept going because he could pass me again but I had already lost contact with those ahead so I focused on speed and technique.

The first lap I am satisfied with but it left me pretty tired. I made it most of the way around before people from the start groups behind me wanted to pass. But I could still focus on my race. Second lap I really tried to get up those hills and that led to cramps in both of my calves which is a sign that I was pushing and a sign that I need more training. So I was off the bike far too much and pretty fed up by the time I reached the psycho rock drop which I chickened out on every time.

After that point, it was really just roots left and no matter how hard I pushed I could just not master those. But soon I was out on the beginner course again which meant the end was near. There I gave it everything I had and flew along the grass field over towards the finish. Yes, the finish line where someone from the women's class had just passed me in a spurt I did not know was happening. Lovely. So overall it was 44:44 of the best training you can get. That meant 31st which is fine. Except that my left knee now hurts while my right is okay now.

Special mention to Benny Andersson who raced H50 as a warm-up and won followed by H30 which he also won. 16 years from now I would be happy to be able to start a race in H50. =)

Results are here.
Västgötacupen 2010 page is here.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I wondered who it was who went clattering off the end of the start straight trying to clip in, now i know......

hejchris sa...

I thought I would try something different and start with my left foot clipped in. Bad idea.

I also finished with a small tree branch stuck in my chain so if you were also wondering about that, now you know. ;)

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade