söndag 9 maj 2010

Hökensåsracet race report

And so it was time for Race #2 of the weekend but this time at Tidaholm. And with a name like Hökensås one can expect hills. And the first was just to get up from the parking lot to the start area. So I took my practice lap but this time I made no opinion about how fun the course was after yesterday's silly comment.

HSenior was 2 laps which made me believe that I could go out quite hard and still make it around. My start was perfection and I was actually ahead of about 4 people after the start straight. So I kept it up but soon there was only one behind me when we entered the first singletrack and I could tell that I was slowing him down so eventually he passed also. And today everyone disappeared after the nice downhill part where it turned into a muddy mess of grass. That was Hill #1 and once you made it through the mud it was okay, but long. After that it was a series of nice wide trails of the kind I train on so things were moving along well until the 2nd half when the F15-16 girls were already wanting to pass. Sure, they are fast but I thought I was moving along well. Hill #2 was rocky and crap so I had to walk. But then I could follow one of the girls just to push myself but she disappeared in one of the downhills. I am too chicken in these.

There was lots of mud in these downhills and I managed to fall before the mud since I was trying to get a better line for when I hit the mud. So soon I was back to the start area where there was a nasty sand hill full of people and I didn't make it. But then it was back to the wide start straight so I could speed up.

On the second lap I really pushed myself on the wide trails but I just fell apart on the hills. It was not as bad as Hjo but I should have been able to get up all these hills today. And just to prove that, I did get up the last sand hill where the people were.

So overall I was 16th of 17 since one had technical problems on the first lap. And my bike is also making some strange noises so I have to check that out.

Whoever was taking pictures yesterday and today, please send them to me. I know I had a good race face today. =)

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade