fredag 3 juni 2011

New bike, new talent and new summer

After a frustrating day at work yesterday fighting with the computer and the fact that I still can't get caught up, I was in no mood for cycling. Today was a bit better. I headed out for my Björndammen - Furulund - Kåsjön trail fun plus Tahult over to Jonsered and back route and everyone seemed to be going the other way. Nationaldagsloppet is obviously soon.

The headset seemed a bit loose again so I tightened it and will probably need to replace it. The stem is not holding up either. It is one of those very cheap ones so even a BBB stem would be an upgrade. And the gears are clunking away and the back tire felt funny so I need to keep fixing it. But it is fully rideable. Uphill I needed to lean forward more since it is lighter at the front but it was a breeze to get up. Overall I could manage two gears harder than normal in every situation which automatically means more speed no matter what the weight difference.

Just on the way into the forest after Tahult something strange happened. There was a girl riding the opposite way. This was strange because she was absolutely flying, her bike was quite an old citybike and she was wearing a dress. To make it more strange she smiled at me even though my legs are the same colour as my frame. About 5km down the road a concerned dad was riding along and stopped me to ask if I saw a girl. Apparently they had started together. I said she was flying and way ahead and immediately asked if she was in a cycling club. Talent like this needs to be discovered. But then the dad said something I wasn't expecting. She has anorexia and can't control herself when she exercises. He left before I could offer help and that is a shame. Certainly we could be of help at Mölndals CK. And I work with doctors.

Anyway, things felt a bit heavy after that which is precisely when the hill of death came just before the turn to Knipavägen and a hell of a grusväg downhill which is a pain even when dry. At Jonsered there were some LVG riders doing interval training on the hill. Excellent. I thought one of the jerseys looked like IK Jarl.

Everyone with a bike was out tonight. On the wind road from Kåhög I was pushing along but quickly falling apart. I saw someone on a LVG so I decided I must pass him...without going to stora klingan. Superkadens. I managed too. On an MTB that weighs twice as much. =)

Anyway, the 25C temperature really killed my body tonight so I will sleep well.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade