söndag 19 juni 2011

Mud testing/tasting

It has been easy to be a solskenscyklist here since we haven't really had much rain. The ground was dry and beautiful everywhere. But I know better to get confidence in dry times because it makes mud a painful lesson. After yesterday's rain, I had to get out today. And it was even raining a fair bit when I left.

Checking the bike. Bolts on the arm tight as Philip suggested? Check. As usual this made no difference and it was creaking away after 5 minutes. Correct air pressure in Sid? Yep. Correct pressure in the Conti X King Racesport? Nja...2.6 bar is a bit too safe when it is this wet.

For the most part the bike had 6 bags of grip (instead of the usual 8) despite massively wet conditions in the forest. I did discover that it has zero grip on pavement in a corner. Good to know. But everywhere else it was way better than Speed King or any other tire I have tried. But just to know for sure I made one attempt uphill on a slanted wet rock and that did not work. Gave me a nice frame bash right on my kneecap. But I have done much worse before. It will still slide on wet roots but Sid helps me to attack them at the right angle so I won't be in a situation of getting stuck or sliding.

Anyway, I even cleaned the bike out in the rain since I will now take it apart and check for cracks. It has to be a crack. It has to be something somewhere.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade