onsdag 1 juni 2011

MTB!!!!!

It was a pleasure to find my starnut and the Pedros nut tool in my mailbox today. Last night I had mounted everything I could and it went very well. Tonight I hammered in the starnut and it was perfect. Screw everything together and, voilà, I have myself an MTB! Despite not even having supper I had to head out and try it immediately, with caution since a) Perhaps this bike was not meant to be so light up front and b) I put it together. RockShox does have a warning that improperly installed shocks could lead to death. Seriously.

And it certainly felt different. Sid is stiff. I was braking heavily and it barely compressed at all. Wow! Down in the little valley next to me had some minor little rocks and I carefully tried them out and felt nothing at all. It was like riding LVG. So towards the end I had some good speed and the bike was just floating. Excited I headed up to Puketorp to that MTB trail where I didn't go on when riding the cross. Good thing too since it is serious MTB with lots of big rocks which I usually fall on. My technique is rusty but Sid helps so much. I never had any idea that this is what a shock should be like.

Game on my friends...game on!

1 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Excellent news, see you Tuesday!
//Philip

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade