söndag 26 juni 2011

Annoyance and singletrack heaven

I almost didn't go out this morning because I just felt zero motivation for training. But I decided to just take my simple hill loop and just ignore the fact that next weekend I need to go much farther. Halfway up to Björndammen the noises started on the vevparti yet again and I was ready to throw the freakin thing in the small lake I was passing (except Sid...Sid I can save). So on pure rage I flew the rest of the way up to Kåsjön and then tried to calm down a bit over to Tahult and down the hill.

When you turn left on Härkeshultsvägen and ride up the hill, the forest starts and you get that lovely smell of pine needles. Just after that, there is a small 'road' which I always look at and then keep riding. Well, today I decided to explore it. It becomes a traktorstig which winds its way downhill and is quite a slippery little thing. Good start. It ends at a little clearing full of garbage (stupid people) and becomes Vildmarksleden which is obviously a classic for those of you living out towards Landvetter/Bollebygd.

This description deserves a new paragraph because this trail was so f&%#ing amazing! I am not saying it was easy because there were tons of roots and rocks to dodge your way around and a couple of challenging hills. But for the most part I was on the bike thinking 'This is why I bought an MTB!' That part of the forest was dry and did not have any of those large rocks which are common around Skatås.

The trail came out on a grusväg which actually is Knipavägen because it ended in the trail I rode twice last year and hated. The stretch from there to Kåsjön is still useless. The trail is not wide, there is swamp for at least 500m and the parts in between were pretty unrideable. I could see other tire tracks but still I would not suggest this part. It kills the cykelglädje. Turn right on Knipavägen instead and enjoy the neverending gradual uphill traktorstig full of all kinds of obstacles. At least you can ride.

Anyway, I guess I should just buy a silly momentnyckel so I know that everything is as tight as it should be. Because if it still comes loose I will know that I need to replace it.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade