måndag 6 juni 2011

From frustration to bliss

You will have to excuse this bipolar blog. Some days I am flying high and others everything is shite. Today I have felt it all. I started this morning with cutting the fork shorter by one spacer since I had made it long on purpose. I had to cut it no matter what since there was not enough thread to tighten the nut with that many spacers. So after more attempts and frustration I finally have the fork securely attached. Yippee!

Yesterday I went to XXL to try on some cycling shoes before buying online. But the difference in price was only 50kr so I just bought. The Shimano M161W feels wonderful and there is plenty of room for my feet to swell during långlopp. They are white and black which obviously won't last long and since Shimano refuses to have cool names, I will call them the Zebra.

New shoes means new clip adjustments and a rather annoying little ride with stops every km to re-adjust. I have the right shoe set but my left knee hurts after all of the changes so I am not sure yet. I also put a Conti X King Racesport tire on the back and it seems like I have about 4 bags of grip in the corners now. So much that I am not at all used to the feel. The superbike is there...I just need to learn how to ride it.

So the bliss came on a short little singletrack from Blacktjärn and back over to the one I tried in Puketorp the other day. It was like my first MTB ride...fy fan it was beautiful!

But the adjustments are killing me now. I feel confident though about finally racing in Eksjö though...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade