tisdag 21 juni 2011

Fixed and ready to go?

I just took off the vevarm on the MTB to check for massive damage and, well, I saw nothing obvious other than a lot of grease and sand/stone crap. I didn't take the bottom bracket off because it looked just fine. So I cleaned it all and slopped on some more grease. At first I thought that there was a little plastic bit broken but, no, that was also fine. So I just put it back together with a pile of grease and tightened the screws evenly. Tomorrow I will see if this made any difference at all.

While I had the bike flipped and I put on the back wheel I checked the chain and gear adjustments. It is about as good as you can get with 3-delade but one thing I did notice was some type of gap between when I moved the pedal and when the wheel turned. So this may be a wheel/cassette issue.

The second time I raced Lida Loop I won a set of Mavic Crossride wheels which I have sitting on the betong Trek now. They are not amazing wheels but then again my Fulcrum Red Metal 5 are almost bottom of the line too. So if I don't notice improvement with the vevparti I can swap the wheel and check. But knowing that there is no obvious damage and that everything is tight, I see no reason not to ride it.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade