lördag 26 mars 2011

MTB premiere

After my long sleep in I felt quite okay in terms of hangovers and things. But my arm hurt like hell. So with great worry over how things would go, I pumped the tires in my Full Dynamix and headed off for my 2011 MTB premiere ride.

My bike position is apparently okay since I did not feel any pain in my arm. My legs felt sort of weak in general but that is no surprise. I decided to stick to the Säveån cycling/walking path at first and that was crowded. Occasionally when I hit a bump it hurt in my arm but overall it was fine. Jonsered here we come...

I was well over the suggested 10 minutes of cycling since by this point I was enjoying how responsive my MTB felt. My arm definitely hurt when I stood up to more easily fly up the hills. I suppose I didn't need to do that but you know how it is. For all of you LVG types, I can say that most of the Partille cykelväg are clear of winter stones. But when you get to Jonsered it turns to grusväg and nice little trails. After this ride which was like 45 minutes, my arm killed. Then again everything else sort of killed. Welcome to pre-season Chris Cross.

I believe in functional rehab so I honestly would rather ride instead of run. But MTB is out for at least 2 weeks after what I can tell today. The impact of anything I hit is not absorbed by the shock. My arm gets most of it. But there are a lot of places I can ride grusväg and keep my legs going.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade