torsdag 24 mars 2011

Baffling Sport Rehab

TV shows like House are based on medical mysteries and everyone loves a good mystery. So I thought I would make one of my own during my visit at Sport Rehab today. As you know, I did the exercises 3x15 reps once a day for around 6 days. It hurt too much so instead I tried 1x15 reps twice a day. After a couple more days I reduced this to once a day and was frustrated that it still hurt like hell. By 14 mars I had stopped all of the exercises and after 5 days of rest my arm felt very good. How can you explain this? Johan said this makes no sense at all.

Then I added that I was running intervals 5 times, the most intense ones were last week when I had stopped with the gummiband exercises. Then it made more sense because running will get more blood flowing to my muscles and also there is a slight arm swing. Now I am back in Sweden and my arm is starting to hurt again. Why? I am not running.

So I conclude that running is healing my arm. Let me repeat that in bold. Running is healing my arm. Seriously. Öijer would never believe this since he always says running is horrible. And maybe even Knä(Fika)-Björn would also feel the same way. But I have actually left Sport Rehab with the instructions to run and then do the gummiband exercises every other day and see what happens in 2 weeks. This is insane in their opinion.

I said that I would go out on my MTB this weekend but was advised not to. I will try a few minutes and see because I really have no idea how it will feel. It looks like I am writing off April for MTB but I am going to be damn good at running... =(

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade