onsdag 26 januari 2011

Ulricehamn...where dreams begin

Okay, fine, now I am making up slogans for cities but it was so worth the 1hr drive today. If you visit Ulricehamns IFs webpage you can get all the info you ever need about their Skidstadion. I will admit to being nervous again since skidstadion implies a place where they might have races and not just a fun little tour in nature. And kuperat som fan it was. But the tracks were perfect and 500 people had not messed them up in the corners so this was truly the best ski experience I have had.

It would have been absolutely perfect with some faster snow since it seemed like konstsnö but not the scratchy stuff they have at Skatås. This was fine snow. I am amazed my klister worked at all but it did. So I did a lap of the elljusspår just to see how conditions were. Then I immediately decided to take the 10km trail since 15km was elitspår and 5km is not enough. The 10km was elit enough for me too. There were some serious hills there which I managed only because it was 'räls' on the track so I just had to sit there.

After that I was feeling a bit tired so I had a Squeezy gel and a couple cookies and decided another 2 laps of the elljusspår would be enough. Lap 1 was okay and during Lap 2 I still felt strong and had energy. This was so much better than last week! So I thought, what the hell, a 3rd and final superlap would be fun. I was basically running up the hills since I had no kickwax left and I was stakning like mad when I could. Someone even moved out of my way since I looked like I meant business. The final spurt was not a Northug style since it was uphill but I made the best of it. 15 minutes for that lap! I realize it was only like 3km but still the hills were there and the snow was slow. And at that speed I would be finishing Vasa in 7.5 hours. Not likely.

So this was 24km of skiing and a whole whack of confidence. The best thing is that I could have went longer...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade