lördag 8 januari 2011

Sandbycrossen race report

This felt like a bit of a comeback today after missing the last 3 races. And FK Trampen did a fine job of finding a course that was jobbigt, snow-covered and also very Skåne. A climb up to a windmill is worth bonus points in my book.

The start went semi-fast and I was right with everyone. It headed directly up to Möllan so I jumped off early, put the bike on my shoulder and ran up to the top. Running was a good strategy and I caught up to people this way. Pedal troubles meant that Mats passed me at the hill down towards the start area which was a jem of snow and mud ready to send you flying. Then it was time for the running section. The snow was impossible and it was probably 300m worth. Aj. Mats could tell that I wanted passed so he let me and I ran up to the next group.

The next two laps were a battle between Håkan and I which was fun because I have never been anywhere near him before. The Ridley was fantastic in the grass/mud sections and we were jumping positions. Back to Möllan and I was riding up while Håkan was running and it went well until I messed up and he took off. It was amazing how fast the gap opened.

So now it was just time to finish and try not to fall apart. Obviously I went out quite hard because it was tough at the end. I was lapped and it seemed like I would not have to do the last lap which was good because I had just incredibly made it all the way up to Möllan and back down again without jumping off once. Small achievements are great.

Not last is all I can say. I decided for fun to ask Karlsson if I made the VM team. He said I would have to try again tomorrow. =)

Yep, this was great today!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade