lördag 1 januari 2011

2010 in review

And so it was time again for the annual review. Yes...2010...the year I became Chris Cross. The season started with a strange leg injury and continued with 3 races in Senior class of Västgötacupen. That went quite poorly so I switched my goals to marathon.

I set the goal of 10 MTB marathon in 2010 which did not work out because of my lack of money and job security. But now I am set for work for 2011 so one thing is looking better. In June I raced 3 marathon in 3 weeks with 2 in Norway. Raumerrittet was the toughest race I have ever done while Farrisrunden was so muddy and rainy that I do not know what to think. Summer also meant Mörksuggejakten which is still one of my favourites despite the heat, my dehydration and poor performance. Långlopp season ended with CykelVasan which was brilliant.

Then I hand picked every part on my Ridley X-Ride and had a go at assembling a bike myself for the first time. The cross season has been long but very worthwhile and there were some great races. Sucks that I was sick for the last two but shit happens. Speed highlights for me were in Ludvika, at our own race and both races in Sthlm. The rest, well, at least I could race with Dam elit.

Overall, 2010 was a fairly good year for me on the bike. But for 2011 I think I need a better plan. This year I just followed the 'train by racing' philosophy.

Thanks to everyone reading this and posting comments. It keeps me writing.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade