lördag 6 november 2010

Ymercrossen race report

So it was time again to head off to a sunny Borås (seriously) for some serious CX. After my test lap I declared this course to be worse than a kick in the balls and decided to just ride to finish. But the more I raced the more I started to like it.

The start was on their infamous slow uphill and I actually managed a great start and was beside Patrik and Roberto at the springbacke. Things were going well but some point in the muddy corner they took off and I was left behind a familiar sight from Falu CK. Since this is not the time to be losing a job, it was time to be a proper racerapportör.

Coming down the grass hill I was på rulle and managed a beautiful late breaking to slide passed Lisa on the corner. Excellent. What I was not expecting was for her to come flying passed me in such a way that made me feel like I should actually be in Dam Prestige. This was in the little grus section and I was obviously eager to answer that move. But then Carina Börjesson politely told me to get out of the way and I had to let her and Mirella Ehrin pass. It would not be polite to interfere with their battle for 3rd.

Lisa had opened up a nice lead at this point and Carina and Mirella were seriously determined so I ended up sitting for almost a lap watching them fight. At some point Mirella dropped a bit so I passed and I hope that Carina realized that it was me behind and not anyone else. Things were pretty stable with 3 laps to go and it was somewhere here that I started getting lapped. Hearing how hard they were breathing made me feel like I should push more too. Which was fine since I was starting to really enjoy the track at this point.

With 2 laps remaining I was side by side with Carina on the finish hill but she seemed to slow down at this point so it was okay for me to continue. And with a bit of effort (note the blue smoke above) I opened up a gap there and could run my own race now. I could see Mattias and Petter a couple corners ahead but we all know that in CX a couple of corners is an eternity.

Last lap and I had some pretty good flow in my riding so I did speed up when I could. I did manage to close some of the gap up to Lisa but I see that I was still back by 22 seconds.

I ended my race with a lovely spurt up the hill and was welcomed by cheers from MCK which felt just perfect! So this was good for a 34th place finish which was ahead of Mattias and Petter who did not do the last lap. So in a sneaky way I was not last. =)

Welcome tomorrow for some more proper CX.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade