lördag 20 november 2010

Halkfest at Delsjön/Skatås

After a quick tire switch from my insane Race Kings to my more grippy Speed Kings, I added 2.5bar and went out to see how much I could slide around. I was hoping to beat the salt truck and I just managed that. The little roads over through Sävedalen were full of squished snow and it was slippery as hell. Nothing says 'Duhhh' like Chris Cross out riding a bike in the snow. But once I got over to the Skatås area and 8:an, it was more fun.

Most of the trail had been walked on and that was making it very bumpy for my back. But this is the best training for balance that I can think of. The whole freakin ride was me trying to keep balance. Wonderful.

After a side trip over to Rv 40 and greeting 2 other MTB cyclists and one on a CX, it was time to stop here for a sandwich.

No, this is not the finest pic of me. In fact, this is probably when my left shoe was completely submersed in ice-cold water.

After this came 'Dagens fråga' when a guy asked if I had changed to vinterdäck and I proudly said 'Nej!'. If this had been frozen snow, then I would need dubbdäck but that would have ruined all the fun today. And it has been awhile since I have had so much fun on my MTB.

When I got to the battleground for our Göteborgs Superprestige, I found a completely untouched field of snow. Riding in this kind of snow is heaven. So much heaven that I rode back and forth with a big smile on my face. I even tried a few corner slides and took the expected falls but why not...snow is very soft. Snow and sand together is not quite so fun though.

This became a distanspass that was not really long in actual distance but was 2 hours and 15 minutes in time. And that is about how long it would have taken to drive each way to Jkpg.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade