tisdag 30 november 2010

To ski or not to ski...that is the question

By buying rullskidor I have guaranteed that it will be this cold in Göteborg for the rest of the year. If I had bought new skis, we would have rain and 4C. That's how things work. After reading that Partille Golfbana in Öjersjö had 6km of half-decent trails, I knew it was time to make that premiere.

I have not been skiing for about 5 years and when I was skiing I was quite useless. Since then I have been training MTB and running so pulling the skis out of the bag was quite a step. They are pretty scratched and very cheap but oh well. I only put kick wax on since I was not too eager to fly along out of control.

So there I was on the skis and the first thing I could see was that the trail went downhill and there were no tracks. So I took off the skis, walked down and started there instead. Once I got going and could feel that I actually had balance, things got better. But I have absolutely useless technique. The snow was soft so I could slow down on hills and going uphill was fine since I had no glide wax.

It was basically dark and the tracks seemed to be going around every hole of the golf course so I ended up taking a bit of a shortcut. Honestly, I had no idea where I was but it was clear that the small hills all over made this a pretty good workout. Well, it would have been a good workout if I had any speed at all. Now I just have sore shoulder muscles. Anyway, eventually I saw the parking lot. So what about that hill I chickened out on? Well, I ended with that instead and it went wonderfully.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade