söndag 14 november 2010

Ramundercrossen race report

Grattis to Söderköpings SK for making a World Cup course. There were 3 löphinder including one about 10m from a staircase, a small sand section directly after a corner and a phenomenal 6 hills of which I could only ride up 2. So I was off and on the bike 8 times per lap. And to top it all off, the rest was muddy grass that sucked the hell out of any speed you may have had.

The start was like slow motion as everyone sank and I actually ran into someone at the sand. So for once I managed a good start! But by the hill in the corner my dreams of a podium finish were gone again, just in time for the bridge and the zigzag grass part which was fun when we did this kind of thing at Hondacrossen but just pure pain today.

The 30s headstart for the women's class did not last long so then things were back to 'normal' except today was comical. Mirella was about 50m behind Lisa and Carina was 50m behind Mirella. And I was 50m behind Carina. This is how it stayed for the entire first lap and part of the 2nd when 'dagens star' Carina made an attack and passed Mirella so that now the order was Lisa, Carina, Mirella and me, again all about 50m apart. It much have been very funny to watch. Except Chris Cross was not smiling so much today.

I could not find one part of this course where I was faster or fast at all except maybe the fun and seriously steep hill after a hell of a gåbacke (springbacke it wasn't). With 2 laps to go I was just ready to die. This was like a TC-pass since I was pedalling but not going anywhere. Fy fan this killed me.

Since I was lapped and it took me so long to get around, I didn't have to do my 4th lap. But it was good enough for 27th place ahead of one DNF which will do nicely for cup points. I may be slow but by doing all the races I can finish well in the cup.

This gem of a pic is my clothes after these two races. Into the bucket with these since this much mud will break the washer. What a fantastic CX weekend!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade