söndag 7 november 2010

Mölndalscrossen race report

At 09.30 things were looking quite bad and a lot of the track was not marked yet. But things came together so I could go and help with the pile of efteranmälningar which came right around 10.30 when things were starting. Many were in Superklass so I thought that just maybe they could 'get lost' on the way to the målbilen but I decided to behave.

Things were stressy and finally I got to change and take a test lap. I didn't really have time to warm up so soon the start went and I was completely cold in the fine November sun. I stayed with everyone for basically the whole first lap which is a nice change. Yet somewhere in the long straight and the MTB part I lost contact. It was really slippery in the forest section I called Chris Cross the other day. After that came the stairs and every time I was greeted with a flood of cheering which felt just great! But that downhill after was nasty and not once did I have my feet clipped in.
Tack Joakim Skretting for this. See more here.

So the second lap I was on my own enjoying the lovely curves on the two grusplan and everything else which was pure CX-glädje. Now the rest of this is going to sound iskall but I did not know that Dam Prestige started a minute before Super Speczial klass. I was slowly catching up to Carina Börjesson and was på rulle at the end of the start stretch. Knowing that I sucked in the MTB part I stayed behind to slide around undisturbed. I braked hard on the hill and she took off a bit but on the tung grass straight I passed and tried to open up a comfortable gap. Then I was on my own again for a bit while I started to get lapped.

People were finishing and I had one lap to go and Carina was not that far back so I pushed on. Again I could see Lisa not so far ahead but she was already at the MTB section so I was not expecting to catch up. Apparently she took a flygtur over the handlebars on that downhill that lap while I managed to do that perfectly for once. She was at the end of the grass straight while I was entering so I decided to try even if this would probably end in humiliation.

The gap was shrinking but only because I was taking every chance I could. By the grass corners out near the highway I was close but not quite there so I decided to stand up and try and nail the last grass part. For once this worked and I was flying. Gap of 25m out on the flat grus section before the long road finish stretch. Up to stora klingan and get ready for my humiliation. But instead I could have some glory and went sailing passed for a lovely finish. Again, I did not know that they started a minute ahead.

Despite all this I ended up 45th which was last except for a DNF but I was much closer to those in front of me. Slowly but surely I am getting the hang of this.

Lasse and Karlsson made us a wonderful CX track and I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Welcome back to sunny Göteborg next year!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade