lördag 20 november 2010

DNS pga snö

This is going to be an entry full of TLA's or 3-letter acronyms. Right now I am supposed to be taking my test lap in the snow over in Jkpg and generally enjoying the social atmosphere that is CX Cupen. But sometimes things go shite.

I overslept a bit and was loading my car at 09.30 and also clearing off a good 5 cm of wet snow. Good thing I had the vinterdäck put on yesterday. Bad thing that I haven't had time to actually use them before the snow came. They are odubbade which is fine for the snöslaskblää we get in Gbg but they are useless on ice. And ice is what SMHI was warning for.

My car has no TLA's like ESP or ASR to keep me on the road when things slide. In fact, I don't even have ABS brakes. So this is old school driving. And after some practice it is fine but today I felt like a certain Disney character in the wet snow. After a crazy 30 minutes of driving I was only at Bollebygd and decided to stop and decide if this was really worth it. A coffee would make that decision easier, tänkt jag. And that 20kr kaffe/bulle deal was enough for my Statoil card to be rejected. Lovely. This day is getting better and better.

So I decided to turn around and head home. If I really had to, I would have continued. And if I had already been in Jkpg I would have raced. But driving there and back in this slask/snö crap was nothing that felt terribly intelligent today.

Now I am home and can take a little winter tour on my MTB instead and then watch GVA CX this afternoon. I can have my own CykelFest here...

2 kommentarer:

Philip sa...

Arh dude you should have rung, Roberto and I travelled up from Bollebygd together! Missed one hell-of-a MTB course today

hejchris sa...

I wasn't really expecting the morning I had yesterday. But I had some great MTB fun in Skatås in the snow so the day was fine afterall!
See you next Sunday for Göteborgs Superprestige (Introcross)?
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade