fredag 5 augusti 2011

A run needing more work

Lovely rainy weather this morning. Perhaps not the best for terrain. So I took my 'old classic' route instead with just the 5km yellow löpspår at Furulund and then the 2.5km up to it to round out the mil of death. I made things worse by starting right at the bottom in Sävedalen to take the full 1.5km of climbing and the expected massive stomach cramp when I finally did reach the top at the start of the 5km trail.

Most of the rolling hills after that were a display of grace and agility equal to that of a cow but things finally calmed down and I could start hill sprinting again just to push me back into the uncomfort zone. Then I had to run all the way down the hill and that was worse since my calves were screaming (sorry for the cow pun).

As a simulation of a cross race, I guess this could work. I need to really take the first hills at max and then just try and flop my way around the rest. It felt like I was heading in that direction today but I can do better.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade