lördag 6 augusti 2011

Renault Clio it is!


Finally after enough thought I just went ahead and took up Renault on their car squishy deal. So this is what I bought. It is a Clio with a cool blue/grey colour and 5d instead of the 3d in this pic. Since I wanted an automatic I got their 'Exception' level which essentially is loaded with every option you can get except navigation. So the LM-fälgar are included too. Nice nice. The engine is a 1.6L with a nice 112hp but not terribly good fuel efficiency but it will be fun anyway.

My first experience with a Clio was my halkbana training and it is a peppy little thing compared to the S40 I was training with at the driving school. So I am quite confident that this was a good choice. And the price is unbeatable with their 30000kr discount!

But now the bad news...I won't get it until December. The Japanese factory that sends them electronics for the car is in that earthquake zone so they haven't caught up yet. For my own finances this is good. And locking the interest rate now is also good considering the Americans and their effect on us. But that leaves me without a car for CX season. I can keep the one I have until delivery but it needs inspection at the end of September and I don't want to spend anything on it. And this is why I was reluctant to squish at all.

2 kommentarer:

Mattias sa...

Dont worry about the CX season. Your in the largest CX club around. You have plenty of people to ride with to the races. Nice var youve bought.

hejchris sa...

But if we have as many races as last season it will be a pain. Still, I am willing to rent a boat and carry a few others in a similar situation.
When will the big CX schedule be released?

Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade