måndag 1 augusti 2011

Backwards running

The almost complete lack of träningsvärk from running on Saturday made me realize some changes were needed. First, backwards running. I don't mean actually running backwards but rather that I took my normal route in the reverse direction. Today was warmer, more humid and my muscles did have the faint sign of pain plus blisters on my feet but other than that it felt very much the same.

The advantage of starting with the Puketorp hill is that it gets those annoying road 1.5km out of the way first plus it could very well be used to induce some vomit feeling directly at the start. Training that would help my useless CX starts. The blue trail is the same in either direction but Bohusleden had steeper uphills in this direction. I had taken an extra part on the green/white trail but it got to the point where I was just in a groove without too much breathing and in that state I can continue forever. I ended up being out for 100 minutes since I added an extra lap of the running trail to make sure I was stiff this time. Each attack of the rolling hills left me more and more out of breath and then things were becoming effective.

So I think what I will do is continue in this backwards direction but shorten it to somewhere between 45-60 minutes, the length of a CX race. Next run I will time the route and that will mean PB. =) And hopefully I will continue to improve this over the month.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade