lördag 30 juli 2011

Lost in the woods

I could start the day by dissing Öijer for calling the Toyota Prius a car but instead I went running. The first 500m is always ego killing since it slopes up gradually and your muscles are cold. I could feel my rib directly but after some of those knee-lift and ass-kicking warmup tricks I felt fine and had reached the forest. Up to Furulund went smoothly and even on the hill of death I was thinking how it is easier to run up this hill than ride up. That was when I reached the steep section and changed my mind. The rolling hills for the next few km had those kött qualities Björn was writing about during his PB run. But training when you are essentially dead IS training with effect.

I turned right onto Bohusleden to get to the proper terrain and then my smile appeared. It is so soft on the knees and dodging all the rocks and roots means a complete workout of my muscles instead of the monotone thuds you get on the road. The km flew away here until I reached the little grusväg which leads over towards Oxled which naturally joined onto my 'favourite' blue trail leading to Puketorp.

I paused at the scene of my MTB accident and immediately felt like an idiot. Any other line would have been better at that stage so why I chose the biggest roots to hit is beyond me. I also know why this fall caused a lot of damage...I did land on roots. Landing in dirt does not hurt like this did.

So this was well over 10km of joy and certainly 3 days of paralysis.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade