fredag 9 juli 2010

Finally Falun!

I am finally back in Falun...city of sport and where things all started for me. After essentially no exercise through high school and university, 5 years ago I decided to start training. My first sports-related trip was to Falun for cross-country skiing. Then my first MTB race ever was here. Långa Lugnet the year they had the world cup race. I didn't finish but since then I have been hooked on MTB marathons and Falun.

My first plan was to walk around the city and check a few stores while they are opened. And it took about 5 minutes before I saw an MTB star. Of course a stop in Cykel & Fjäll was a must and even the Intersport here actually has some useful stuff. When you have a demand, stores have stuff. Where is the demand in Göteborg???

Then I had to have a quick ride around just to make sure the bike is okay. My back brake is a little too good so I will probably slide around nicely on those grusvägar. I rode up to Kopparberget for a lap of their very slippery stone trail. It's always fun to get to actual Falurödfärg on my tires. Next I rode to Främby to check out YA Arena then down to the water at Runn for a ride back to the centre.

Riding here is very different because no one reacted at all to seeing me in complete racing uniform. It is nothing unusual here. Right, so after a free dinner in the hotel, I suppose I need another Vitargo.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade