torsdag 15 juli 2010

Class difference

I managed to make it to work today just before a storm of impressive rain quantities. I guess this means the start of a good day. I have been relaxing since the weekend and also trying to find ways to show that I actually did to better on Mörksuggan this year than in 2008. All I could come up with was that if you look at the overall results, I beat more people this time compared to last even though the same number raced. That will do.

But class differences are obvious. I was last in H30 (or H Sport 30 as it seems to be called now) by quite a bit but far from last in motionär class. I raced H30 because I have a licens and need a result for CykelVasan where I will now start in Group 4 a whole 15 minutes before any Norwegian motionär. Do I deserve this start position? No.

Again I have to start complaining about this whole licence system. Now we can choose between H Motionär, H Sport and H Sport 30 in the same race. Why? Denmark has a points system so no matter what age you are, if you get a certain number of points you are forced up to the next class. In Norway they have dropped the whole Motionär class entirely so if you want to race just to try it, you pay an engångslicens. And the races all start by seeded results so you always race with equals no matter what age you are.

I have noticed on CykelCity's Race Weekend website that people with a tävlingslicens can't enter the motionär class. I agree that it should be like this but it screws me over. In LVG I am definitely a motionär but now I would have to race with the best and get lapped in about 10 minutes and kicked. Anyone can get a tävlingslicens if they pay here.

How hard would it be to start a points system (Class A, B, C, D) anyway? I would find it fun to work on a system like that and could happily run some calculations and make some tables. That would be far more useful than writing entries here about nothing...

What do you think about tävlingslicens? Do you have one? Does anyone need one?

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade