söndag 25 juli 2010

Il fait du soleil? Mais non monsieur...


You don't have to speak French to get the fact that it is raining today and not sunny. And you can see what rain does to my lovely white uniform. So why did I go out? Well, there is a good chance that one of my last three marathons will be wet so I still need to train in this. And I didn't need to worry about sunscreen today. But why I decided to wear a backpack is beyond me...

At first it was just grey so I tried the Riddar Tures Väg hill with cold muscles...fy fan. It is over pretty quick but certainly steep. But I was confused so I went to Kåhög to test Nedre Östergårdsvägen again for comparison. I think the second one is steeper but they are both painful.

After that I found my way over to Tvärbackavägen which changes over to a very nice gravel road. Well, nice means not smooth. That leads back to Jonsered and good old Härkeshultsvägen which remains the worst hill in Partille. The rain was heavy at that point so I rolled to the bottom and had to clear my glasses off. While I was stopped, a group of 4 MCKare passed and Karlsson came back to see if I wanted to tag along for their adventures in Lerum. They had already been in the forest. Yep, MCK doesn't stop for rain. But since I did not have so much more time and I had no food with me, I had to pass on their tour.

That little chat rest gave me the urge to fly up the hill as fast as possible and to my surprise it actually worked. Yes, interval training is da shit. I could keep going at the top and flew nicely along to Knipavägen which turned out to be rather hellish. I took that all the way back down to the bottom and it was sticky slow wet sand the whole way. By now I was a mess so it was time to end my tour and wash my bike.

Yes, the end. And that is what you see above. I know what my readers want the most is a pic of my rrrumpan. ;)

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade