tisdag 15 juni 2010

Vätternrundan...why bother?

And so we are here in the week that most cyclists in Sweden look forward to...VätternRundan. Like most, this is the first race I heard about and 300km on a bike just sounds silly. But 'the classic' is really the biggest athletic achievement for the average motionär so of course this is a goal of many. I have not done this but two years I did try and find a place to stay, with no luck.

I guess my biggest problem is LVG in general. I would end up somewhere in the middle of the fika crowd and have to actually be social and talk to people for half a day. Since I speak English, I would have to answer these 3 questions over and over...Where are you from? Why did you come to Sweden? When are you leaving? In MTB we are focused on staying on our bike so we keep the smalprat to a minimum.

My advice is to take a real challenge...Styrkeprøven! This is also known as Trondheim - Oslo. 540km all at once! And in the first 150km you have to climb over 1km vertical! And hopefully they will bring back their 6-day MTB etapplopp soon.

Noe å snakke om indeed!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade