fredag 11 juni 2010

Farrisrunden - last minute preparations

It has rained a hell of a lot here today but apparently it was dry the rest of the week. Still, the YR.no forecast for tomorrow is a couple mm of rain and 9C which is not quite what SMHI said. Sometimes I wonder what these weather people are doing. If it is raining essentially everywhere else, why would it not rain here?

So what was supposed to be an easy race is now going to be wet wet. The roads are not so bad when wet and I usually have more grip in wet gravel but the 7km of singletrack are going to suck.

My energy strategy has been changed by the fact that they could not get my Swedish credit cards to work at the Sport1 tent. Apparently technology is a bit behind here. Which is a shame because they had a ton of great cycling stuff at cheap prices.

So I will have to mix and match with products. Apparently products with caffeine are only 'appropriate' for elite level riders in Norway but the Squeezy representative sold me some anyway. Tonight I will have a couple Enervit Presport before bed. My first two sportdryck bottles will be full of Enervit G Sport Competition (con caffeina) which was great last week. Then I have a Squeezy Energy Gel (125ml liquid) to sip from at the first two stops. If I need it, I also have a Squeezy Energy Super Bar (+ caffeine) and after I finish, my usual Enervit R2 Recovery.

With all this, it should be impossible to run out of energy.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade