onsdag 2 juni 2010

Energy crisis

While BP is busy trying to stop the leaking oil over in Texas, I am having my own energy crisis. I want to avoid my 55km energy crash for Raumerrittet because 55km is the highest point of the race and it is followed by a lovely downhill part which I hope to fly through.

So I went for advice again at CykelCity and they are probably getting fed up of my energy questions. But soon I will switch over to cross questions which are more fun.

Here is the new plan based again on Enervit products which I do not feel like taking pictures of tonight. On Friday night I will try and find some reasonably-priced food (good luck in Oslo) and eat about 4 of the yummy Pre-sport jellies. My start time is 11.40 which means I am free to have a monster of a hotel breakfast before start. I may also have another Pre-sport but I probably won't need it.

Just before start I will have a banana, mostly because this is a habit. During the race I will constantly drink their new G Sport Competition in a very dilute form so it does not mess up my stomach. This new one has the same stuff as their brilliant cramp pills and of course it is con caffeina. This will give 100 kcal per package and if I am not feeling horrible after drinking this, I will take care of 2 packages by the food stop in Råsjöen which is almost the highest point of the day. And then I will see how I feel. I will have extra G Sport Competition and also Enervitene liquid which is instant energy. Probably the liquid will come at Aas Gaard since there is about 20km left and I will want to fly.

Will this be a winning strategy? I can't wait to find out!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade